This website provides an overview of UK (prudential) banking regulation:
- Basel III and Basel IV overviews and their implementation in the EU under CRD IV and CRD V
- Basel II background and evolution of the Basel Capital Accord
- Key risk documents in the context of the risk control framework:
- Regulatory reference material
- Terminology used in banking and regulation
Online training courses are intended to inform and give practical guidance to directors, senior managers and key staff engaged in risk management projects, such as:
- Developing/reviewing the risk appetite statement and related risk control frameworks
- Assessing capital adequacy and capital planning required for the ICAAP
- Assessing liquidity adequacy and funding plans required for the ILAAP
- Constructing stress test models for sensitivity analyses, scenario analysis and reverse stress testing
- Developing recovery plans and quantifying impacts on capital and liquidity and assessing effectiveness
- Understanding the regulatory background to capital and liquidity adequacy.
I have provided assistance to over 30 banks in preparing and reviewing their ICAAPs, ILAAPs, Recovery Plans and Risk Appetite Statements. This has involved briefing project participants on regulatory issues, formulating implementation strategy, reviewing risk management processes and establishing methods for risk quantification and allocation of capital / liquidity resources,
I have co-authored 120 risk reports, including 57 ICAAP reports and 36 ILAAP reports. As a result, I am pleased to be able to share with you practical approaches that will assist you and your business in producing comprehensive documents within strict timescales.